Have you made the same coaching mistakes as I have?
5 themes or actions that caused me a problem
However, as I wasn’t aware of the effect it was serval years before someone pointed out to me why they were an issue. Most of them could have been avoided if I’d met that person earlier. These badminton coaching mistakes could have been avoided!
I wish they had been part of my Coach Education – they weren’t!
1. Talking to players and coaches in the same way
2. Not watching my players in competition
3. Thinking that technical practice translates into tactical play
4. Viewing practices from my perspective (as a player)
5. That Practice Performance translates into Competition Performance
Do you recognise any of these?
If you want to read more about each click on the image above or on this link. I’ve written a little more and explained why each is a problem and crucially how it can be avoided or resolved
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
As always, I’m very grateful if you have read this far 🙂
I’d like to hear if you have experienced there badminton coaching mistakes. Or, do you have others that we need to know about?
Why not send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is part of a series of conversation starters.
Although not in detail, the posts are written to get you thinking and talking with others.