I want you to benefit from the things I've learned from some great Badminton coaches who have given me tips, hints, and advice.
If you want to know why I value their advice and the background to the idea click here
They are all short reads, about 3 - 5 mins
I guarantee that they all work
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Long List
- Start overhead coaching with the player in the round the head court
- Motivation is the most important factor in learning
- The difference between a long smash and a clear is not important at U12
- How to make practice harder … increasing speed/duration/quantity will only take you so far
- Coach to 'Forget'
- Coach the player (not the technique!)
- Develop a long backhand before a clear
- Knowing that Saturation exits
- There is more than one way to coach the same thing
- Cross-court backhand drops are just a grip change and a pull of the shoulder
- Do not rely on Coach Education to improve your coaching
- Prepare to cover the shuttle that will ….?
- It’s how you react to errors that is important
- Not everyone likes Questions
- Watch your players in competition
- Communication between Coaches is NOT the same as communication with Players
- The never ending search for consistency