What is 6 Ways
A simple way to solve your Badminton problems and give you the advice you need
Everyone has Badminton Questions!
How do you go about solving yours?
I believe that Badminton Coaches, Parents, and Players should all be asking questions. Especially those where you don’t know all the answers. Yes, you may know something about the subject but you know that you want to know more.
What is it
It has several strands
- it makes you think and consider the questions in bite size parts
- it allows the creation of titles (questions) without the pressure to know some or any of the answers
- it can give you actionable information
- it provides simple information for players/parents / coaches to read
- it provides talking points over coffee with friends on or off the court
What has it done for me?
- Curiosity and inquisitiveness (my desire for continuous learning and self-improvement)
- Lateral thinking (encouraging different ways to approach situations & problems I need to solve)
- Openness to ideas (being receptive to other people’s views and concepts)
- Exploration (being open to ‘go with the flow’ with no set outcomes and solutions)
- Challenge me and others (in a safe environment where we can feel comfortable to open up)
Do you want a challenge?
Why not try this in your coaching group. Or, if you are a parent why not use your balcony time to create questions and then maybe try to gather some thoughts.
Start by thinking of questions and subjects related to badminton / coaching / development then create 6 key bits of advice
The key points are…
- Challenge yourself and your friends to contribute questions
- Don’t limit your thinking
- Think of areas that you want information
Send me your list or your initial thoughts and I’ll add to them if I can
Start now and see what you can create
If you need a prompt here are some that I intend to try and complete: “6 Ways to ……”
.. 6 Ways to Think like a champion
.. 6 Ways to choose a Badminton University
.. 6 Ways to look after your feet
.. 6 Ways to cope with a weak Backhand
.. 6 Ways to resolve conflicting Badminton advice
.. 6 Ways to Prepare & Practice for the Big points
.. 6 Ways to work out what to coach next and when to coach it
- Whats stopping you from collaborating
- How to Improve your Collaboration