How you ever wondered what advice a WR player or professional coach could give you?
Now is your opportunity to ask a question and read what they have to say
Their words will help you improve your Badminton & will provide an insight into their sporting life
- Some of these contributors and current World Class players, some are Olympians – past and present, others were Champions many years ago
- I’ve also been asking players under 25 years old as they are currently experiencing things for the first time
- I’ll also include experts from Coaching, Stringers and people who work for the big manufactures
- All have something to say and have agreed to share their knowledge and advice with you
I hope you like the questions I’m asking them. I’m trying to avoid the classic “How many rackets do you have in your bag”, but I guess I will ask that at sometime 🙂
If you have a question of your own then please message me at email@example.com
In the future, I hope that some of these people will agree to a longer Q&A and even agree to be interviewed on a Podcast. I’ll also link to there own websites, Instagram and YouTube accounts, plus any Podcasts they’ve been interview on.
I hope you enjoy their replies and that they make a difference to you and your Badminton
Question so far and ones that are coming soon
Do you want to ask a question of your own?
- How do you cope with expectations?
- How often do you achieve your maximum on court?
- Where do you find information or advice for your sporting life and how many sources do you have?
- What are the top 3 things you can’t do without in your career
- How do you identify and deal with weakness?
- What in-game strategies do you use on a regular basis or advise others to try
- How do you increase your Badminton related knowledge
- What important contributions do you think parents can make?
- What’s the one skill not technical you would like to improve
- I often used to feel ….xx….., until I realised …yy….
- What daily /weekly self-maintenance regimes do you use and recommend
- Why didn’t anyone tell me that …. (things you wish someone had said 🙂 )
- What do you wish you had done earlier in your Badminton journey
- I’ve always enjoyed Badminton because ……
- What questions players should be asking of themselves or of coaches?
- At what stage in your development did you suddenly improve, why was that ?
- How do you hide your weaknesses
- What are your top 3 tips for delivering a great doubles low service
- Why do you need practice partners
- The secret to developing is ……
- How do you think you can get the most out of your coach?
- What strategies have helped you when dealing with an injury?
- What were the key moments that changed your career as a player or coach ? eg you started …… running/weights/sports psychology?
- If you went back what could you have done better? eg you never paid attention to your diet and that would have transformed recovery.
- What advice did you receive from a coach really stuck in your head?
- Do you think playing and coaching are similar?
- Do you think your coaches made a difference to you and how?
- In that situation, I would
- 16-18 down in the 3rd end
- playing someone who I’ve never beaten
- when I was going on a 2-week training camp I would ….
- when I found out that we had a new National coach I thought …
- when I was losing the 1st game by 9-17 I would decide to ..
- when I played in a hall with a 300mm drift I started to …