Have you ever wondered what advice a WR player or professional coach could give you?
Now is your opportunity to ask a question and read what they have to say
Their words will help you improve your Badminton & will provide an insight into their sporting life
The contributors are a mix of World Class players, Olympians, professional coaches and badminton thinkers.
All have something to say and have agreed to share their knowledge and advice with you
If you would like to join the group please email me
I hope you like the questions I'm asking them. I'm trying to avoid the classic "How many rackets do you have in your bag", but I guess I will ask that at sometime 🙂
If you have a question of your own then please do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’ve always enjoyed Badminton because ……
- What can players do more of to help their coaches
- What were the key moments that changed your career
- What important contributions do you think parents can make?
- When I’m 16-18 down in the 3rd end
- Strategies to help when dealing with an injury
- The secret to developing is ...
- Tips to deliver a great doubles low service
- How to get the most out of your coach
- Why do you need practice partners & how to work with them
- How often do you achieve your maximum on court?
- The daily self-maintenance regimes I recommend
- What are the 3 things you can’t do without
- When I played in halls with big drifts I’d always …
- What do you need/want to create a great sparring session?
- Transitioning into Senior play – the advice you need
- How to control your emotions & inner voice during a close match?
- Do you keep a record of your opponent’s strengths and weaknesses?
- Why didn’t anyone tell me that?
In the future, I hope that some of these people will agree to a longer Q&A and even agree to be interviewed on a Podcast. I'll also link to there own websites, Instagram and YouTube accounts, plus any Podcasts they've been interview on.
I hope you enjoy their replies and that they make a difference to you and your Badminton
Question coming soon
- How do you cope with expectations?
- Where do you find information or advice for your sporting life and how many sources do you have?
- How do you identify and deal with weakness?
- What in-game strategies do you use on a regular basis or advise others to try
- How do you increase your Badminton related knowledge?
- I often used to feel ....xx....., until I realised ...yy....
- Why didn't anyone tell me that .... (things you wish someone had said 🙂 )
- What questions players should be asking of themselves or of coaches?
- At what stage in your development did you suddenly improve, why was that?
- How do you hide your weaknesses?
- If you went back what could you have done better? eg you never paid attention to your diet and that would have transformed recovery.
- What advice did you receive from a coach really stuck in your head?
- Do you think your coaches made a difference to you and how?
- In that situation, I would
- playing someone who I've never beaten
- when I was going on a 2-week training camp I would ....
- when I found out that we had a new National coach I thought ...
- when I was losing the 1st game by 9-17 I would decide to ..