What tournament plan does a player need to reach the All England?
How can you move from a World Ranking of 200 – 36
This was the question asked by Nishant Kauthekar -– Head coach of Moss Badmintonklubb in Norway during the free online seminar held by
This free online seminar has been organised by Fitminton. The coordinator was Kristians Rozenvalds,
Secretary general of Latvian Badminton federation.
Martijn explains the theory of how a player could aim to play in the All England within 3 years.
Using his years of experience as the National Coach and Technical Director (1985 – 2012) of Badminton Netherlands, he details the plan, the tournaments and gives advice on what is possible.
Watch the Full Seminar or finish at 11 mins for the section
Key points for you
- How the World Ranking System works – points, ranking, events
- What points you need to get into the All England
- The length of time it takes and how to plan month by month
- The levels of all BWF events and where to find information … link to BWF regulations (see image below)
- He explains where in a tournament points can be scored ie 2nd round, quarter finals, semi finals etc
- The plan is logical it just requires thought and of course player development 🙂
I hope that you enjoy the seminar
If you have any feedback please post a comment below.
It would be great to see if you enjoyed it as much as I did
Fitminton needs your help
If you have a suggestion or would like to lead a future online seminar then Kristians would like to hear from you. Their mission is build up a library of coaching resources.
Email them email@example.com
Secretary general of
Latvian Badminton federation