How useful is multi shuttle ?
How design your multi-shuttle practices?
Are there different aims and goals that you use?
Or, maybe you've never thought about why you use this type of practice and all you do is feed
Would the 'usefulness' depend on
What the aim or goal was?
If there was a more effective alternative?
How the practice was structured /designed?
It would be great to undertsatnd your views
especially if it's your 'go-to' practice type
The Big Multi Shuttle Survey
Please come and complete the survey .. click here or scroll down
You can share your views on how often do you use multi, what you use it for, and what influences your decision
So far over 130 coaches have responded, why don't you, it will only take 2 mins 🙂
Do you want to read my definition of a multi-shuttle practice before completing the survey?
If you do click this image
- Do coaches consider the benefits or possible disadvantages of multi, I'm not sure.
- Coaches must believe that it's useful (effective) as it’s always being promoted on Instagram, YouTube, etc. Presumably coaches only post videos that they think will help others.
- If you want, you can even buy multi-shuttle programs designed to help your game. Is this a guarantee of effectiveness?
- Is multi shuttle (with the coach/ feeder standing still) now the 'go-to' practice type for coaches?
- However, within coaching manuals, there is very little information when compared to other components of coaching and player development. Why is that?
- There are certainly some benefits of multi-shuttle practice and I recommend that coaches consider using it. However, there are also some reasons not to use it as your preferred practice type.
- Some science literature suggested that there may not be many benefits and even harm to your tactical skills (and maybe your technical skills) if you do lots of unopposed isolated practices.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -